Monday 15 September 2014

All by my own

Today I went to Robben Island, in this island you can find a prison that 20 years ago aprox, was still functioning. So I went into the ship and when we were there, we took a shuttle bus, there they explained us lots of curiosities, one of them was that nowadays there is still people living in the island, and the kids everyday have to go with the ship to school... how boring!!! The last stop in the island was the prison, there one exprisoner and expolitical explained us all the different parts and how did it work. After coming back from this amazing trip, I went to have lunch and after, the City Sightseeing bus was waiting for me :D I got on, and I went aaaall around the city, I stopped in Bo-Kaap a place where all the houses are painted in colors, also in Long Street, to the the St George's Church and a the District 6, one of the demolished districts during apartheid. I also went to Charly's Factory, but it was closed. The evening was veeery good but I was dead so I went to the hostel, eat something... and sleep!












Hoy he ido a Robben Island, en esta isla se encuentra una prisión que hace menos de 20 años aún estaba en funcionamiento, y donde Mandela pasó algunos años también.  Después de casi 50 minutos en barco, hemos llegado a la isla, allí nos hemos subido en un bus, que nos ha llevado por toda la isla explicando algunas curiosidades, como por ejemplo que aún vive gente en la isla (está bastante desierta) y los niños que viven ahí, tienen que ir cada día en barco a la escuela. que paaaalo! La última parada ha sido en la prisión, donde un exprisionero expolítico nos ha explicado sus experiencias. Muy muy interesante, después he ido a comer algo, y para acabar el día me he subido en el bus turístico :D He bajado en Bo-Kaap una zona donde las casas son de colorines, después he bajado en Long Street para poder ver la Catedral St Georges y otras cosas alrededor, también he visitado el Districto 6, una de las zonas que fue destruida durante el tiempo del apartheid. Por último he visto también Charly's bakery, aunque estaba cerrada. Ahora ya en el hostal muy cansada... a por mañana! 

No comments:

Post a Comment