Friday 25 July 2014

First Impressions

I am going to start a blog, just to keep informed everybody on how does my summer in South Africa and my daily life. Hope you find it interesting.

Today, well, yesterday I started a new amazing adventure. This year I am going to spend all summer in Johannesburg helping out as a Community Manager and also Assisting in an Italian Restaurant, called Il Localino. Everything starts the 24 th July in Barcelona's Airport, there a flight to Doha and finally Johannesburg was waiting for me. It was the first time that I was going to travel so far alone, but thanks to Qatar Airways the journey was not that bad... first of all they feed you every hour, and secondly you can watch series, new movies (Hotel Gran Budapest, Divergent...), play games, charge your mobile phone, and if you pay... you can have WiFi while flying, isn't that really amazing?  After a looong flight, finally I arrived and S, was waiting for me on the airport, she took me home and she showed me the room, and everything, after that we went to the restaurant to have first impressions, the day went really fast, although I barely slept in the plane. 
But after having dinner at 6, I went straight home, and now here am I laid on the bed ready to go to sleep, because it has been a really hard day! 

As a first impression, I think johannesburg is a nice city, and at least were I am, is a quiet and very cute area, a good place to live. 


Attached some pics from today, and yesterday :) 

                                              




Voy a empezar este blog, sólo para que sepáis cómo va mi verano en Sudáfrica. Espero que os resulte interesante. 

Hoy, bueno, ayer empecé una nueva aventura. Este año voy a pasar todo el verano en Johannesburgo ayudando como un Community manager y también ayudar a llevar el restaurante italiano llamado Il Localino. Todo comienza el 24 de julio en el aeropuerto de Barcelona, un vuelo a Doha y finalmente Johannesburgo me estaba esperando. Era la primera vez que iba a viajar tan lejos sola, pero gracias a Qatar Airways el viaje no fue tan malo ... primero de todo te alimentan cada hora, y además se puede nver series, películas nuevas (Hotel Gran Budapest, Divergente ...), jugar, cargar el teléfono móvil, y si pagas ... puedes tener WiFi durante el vuelo, no es realmente sorprendente? Después de un vuelo larguísimo, finalmente he llegado a mi destino y S, me estaba esperando en el aeropuerto, me llevó a casa y me enseñó todos los alrededores, después de eso nos fuimos al restaurante para tener la primera impresión, el día pasó super rápido, a pesar de que casi no dormí en el avión. 

He cenado a las 6, y finalmente directa a casa, y aquí estoy en la cama lista para ir a dormir, ya que ha sido un día muy duro!

Os dejo algunas fotos del día de hoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment